NVSA MISSION STATEMENT
The Mission of the Nevada State Assembly of Surgical Technologists is to Enhance Quality Patient Care and Safety through Education, Certification and On-going Promotion of the Profession of Surgical Technology.
- Standards of Professional Education and preferred level of entry into the profession.
- State wide requirement for certification.
- Promotion of Surgical Technology as cost effective and highly skilled experts in the surgical arena.
- National trends in Surgical Technology and Certified First Assisting.
- Certification of all Nevada CST and CSFA graduates.
- On-going, high quality,professional continuing education opportunities.
- Open lines of communication between the Board, Stakeholders and the Public.
- Lobbying in State and National arenas for graduation from an accredited program and certification as a condition of employment.
- Build a framework that supports the accomplishment of the Mission, Vision and Goals.
LEADERSHIP: Influence of others to achieve the vision and goals of the NVSA
RESPECT: Courtesy and consideration in all situations.
COLLABORATION: Working with all interested parties to create a respected organization for Nevada CST's and CFA's.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Assuming responsibility for our actions, decisions and creation of policies.